Error installing modules

Lance

I've tried several times today to update two modules for which updates are available. Each time I've tried, the updates are downloaded successfully (apparently, anyway). I then get a dialog inviting me to install the updated modules. I click the button "Install". After a few seconds I get an error message: "Error installing modules". I dismiss the message, and am immediately returned to the initial update window with the progress bar starting from scratch to search for updates.

Is this simply a busy server issue? (One of the modules is about 80MB, the other only about 5MB.) Or is something else at work? Thanks.

If easier, please Skype me at lancelawton .

It's probably an issue of the permissions in the Accordance folder. I tried to Skype you but you are not available.

That's very likely right, Helen, judging from this screenshot: http://www.fullofgraceandtruth.net/linked_images/accdnc.jpg

Note the "fetching" thingy in the permissions panel. What do I need to do? Thanks.

You need to add yourself as the top user, with Read & Write privileges, and apply those to the contents of the folder. This is a common issue after migrating or upgrading or restoring from backup. I'll be glad to walk you through it via Skype, but I cannot catch you online.

Archived