More focused amplify selection of modules

MChristensen

The new library system in Accordance 11 is a very welcome addition - especially for those of us with almost too many modules, but the new system has created a problem/annoyance for me.

A very common action in my studies is to look up a Greek word in a dictionary. After consulting my main dictionary, BDAG, I will very often - or constantly - check secondary dictionaries such as Spicq. I will at this point almost never jump to some Hebrew or English language tool - I might - but it would not be regular usage. And still to complete this constant jump from BDAG to Spicq, I have to click the current tool pop-up menu and navigate the full tool hierarchy to get to Spicq. Not optimal. Control 2 to jump to my secondary Greek tool would be so much easier. Same with jumping between different English language tools.
My suggestion:
a ) Allow me to make a folder (“Greek dictionaries”) my default tripple-click target and restrict the current tool pop up-menu to the items included in this with control key+number shortcuts to these elements.
b ) Or simple ignore the library organization in this pop-menu and use the old categories, “Greek tools” etc, to limit the choices available.
c ) Allow me to override a or b by giving me the full library hierarchy by for example clicking the current tool-pop menu while holding down the command key.
This would put the commonly used tools up front, and still retain current functionality.
Thanks for reading :)
Edited by MChristensen

If I understand you right: then a opt-tripleclick which goes back to the Tool before will work too.

Is this correct?

Greetings

Fabian

On the mac try ctrl and + to cycle to the next tool in your folder.

ctrl and - to go back

Apparently ctrl up arrow/down arrow also work but they work with mission control on my laptop

• Like 1

Ahh excellent! Thank you very much. That does the trick very nicely. Always good when a requested feature is implemented - or found to be in place already :D

Thanks for the reminder on this keyboard shortcut, Steve! I sure wish I had remembered it before I recorded the last podcast. I'll try to include it in an upcoming one.

I can't take the glory on this one I'm afraid. Helen (of course ;)) referred to it in another post recently and I remembered it because I thought how useful it would be.