Inconsistent commentary display

Mark Nigro

I thought I should communicate a reproducible problem of synced scrolling. Books that begin with a number, such as 1 Corinthians, 3 John etc., if opened in the bible pane like this "3 John", opens the book with all verses following. However, today I have confirmed (on what was the third occasion), that this approach to opening scripture typically causes the commentary to sync incorrectly. At least, when there is a sync issue in my workspace, this is the correlation. For example, I was in 3 John today, with the Biblical text opened as "3 John" and no specific verse reference. When trying to view Vincent's Word Studies or Robertson Word Pictures, they both opened to Revelation 22, and refused to scroll at all with my text in the GNT. I.e. scrolling the Biblical text had zero effect on the commentary window. This changed immediately upon including a verse reference in the Bible window. By simply having 3 John 1ff, my commentary opened correctly and scrolled in sync.

I cannot reproduce the problem neither in a reference pane nor in a tied tab. Please post a screenshot.

Archived