Viewing subarticles

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I am working with a user tool I created to organize my planning for Advent. Each Sunday in Advent is set as a Title/article. Under each Sunday, I have a list of Scripture readings (as links) for that day. Then I have "subtitles" of "Liturgy Pieces" and "Hymn Possibilities."

In the search window for the User tool, I want to be able to search for an article (e.g. "Advent 2) and only see the text of that article, including the subarticles. But if I set the Show menu to "Articles," the subtites/subarticles are not shown.

I can get a little closer to what I want by option-clicking the desired article in the browser, but the viewing pane still shows the article that follows (e.g. Advent 3).

Is there a way to show an entire article (including sub-articles) but not other articles?

If you option-click the desired articles in the browser, and set the display to articles or paragraphs, and search for *, you should display only the desired articles.

Thanks Helen! I figured there had to be a way, but I was missing it.

Helen,

I've found this tip very helpful, but I have noticed that if I shift to a different tab or window and then return to the user tool tab, it reverts to showing the entire tool, rather that the article and subarticles I selected in the browser.

Lorinda

Helen,

I went back to verify the behavior and discovered that mine did not either--unless I edited that user tool. If I edit the user tool and return to the search window for that tool, the browser setting is lost and the entire text of the tool is shown. I was doing a lot of editing of this tool today, which is why I kept losing the browser setting. I was often moving from the edit window to a tab showing a different text or tool, and then to the tab with the user tool. That's why I thought it was related to changing tabs.

Lorinda

Archived