Parallels context menu

tlw5560

When I right click on a select "look up" I can't get the "parallels" to work--all I get is a "boink" sound. All the other "look up" items work. I messed around in preferences and can't seem to find the proper setting. Any help?

I tried this too, with the same result. Then I took a look at my Parallels pop-up menu, and it is set to Old Testament at the top, but I am amplifying from the New. The boink just means there was no parallel. This lookup feature takes you to the top module of that category, so it will probably work if you are in the Gospels or Epistles and put an appropriate parallel at the top of the menu, less likely for Old Testament and the other parallels.

Hi Helen,

I'm in the Gospels, that is where I encounter the "boink", in passages where there are synoptic parallels. I am a tad fuzzy as to what the "Parallels pop up menu" is--Is that in preferences?

Hi Helen,

I'm in the Gospels, that is where I encounter the "boink", in passages where there are synoptic parallels. I am a tad fuzzy as to what the "Parallels pop up menu" is--Is that in preferences?

If you click and hold the Parallels button on the palette, rather than simply clicking on the button, the 'Parallels pop up menu' appears, giving you a choice of which Parallel to amplify to.

If you click and hold the Parallels button on the palette, rather than simply clicking on the button, the 'Parallels pop up menu' appears, giving you a choice of which Parallel to amplify to.

I'm still unable to resolve the issue with the parallels menu. It works on my G5 desktop, but not my intel laptop. I've tried to match settings in preferences, but am still baffled as to why it doesn't work.

Go to the Window menu, open the Library window, open the Parallels section, and you will see the different modules. Put the one you want to use from the Contextual menu at the top (just drag it and click Update). The other parallels can only be opened from the Resource palette (also on the Window menu) and Parallel icon/pop-up menu.

Go to the Window menu, open the Library window, open the Parallels section, and you will see the different modules. Put the one you want to use from the Contextual menu at the top (just drag it and click Update). The other parallels can only be opened from the Resource palette (also on the Window menu) and Parallel icon/pop-up menu.

Success! Thank You--wouldn't you know the solution was in the one place I didn't look!

Archived