Searching for Symbols

R. Mansfield

I feel like I should know this, but I simply can't remember off the top of my head.

In the NET Bible, a double dagger (

Punctuation is searched with a character search, i.e. a period followed by the desired character, but this is only supported in texts, not in tools. Sorry!

Okay, according to my count, the NET Bible veers from the NA27 text 126 times.

Since I couldn't run the search in Accordance since the NET notes is a tool, I exported the entire NET Notes as a PDF file and ran a manual search for the double dagger. Because there were a lot of false hits, I downloaded a little app for my iPhone called "Counter Lite" that let me tap a button every time I came across an actual instance where the NET Bible chooses a different reading.

I downloaded a little app for my iPhone called "Counter Lite" that let me tap a button every time I came across an actual instance where the NET Bible chooses a different reading.

Rick,

You do know they sell little hand counters at the local sports store for $7.99, don't you? Buying an iPhone for this purpose seems a little extravagant. :)

More seriously, I was about to suggest the export in order to search, but glad to see your later post that you came up with the idea. I have used this from time to time.

Archived