How do I generate a resultant set of just verse references?

Martin Smith

This is pretty common need I encounter. I am looking for a word or phrase such as:

"I am the Lord your God" <AND> [RANGE Lev]"

Accordance returns 21 verses from the NASB95. I only want the verse references, though. I've tried to use the analytics and its concordance but can't find just a list of the resultant verses.

Fully prepped to be shown something obvious I missed.

Thanks in advance.

/Martin

What I do is select all the search results (command+A), then control/right-click, go to "Copy As," then "References," and then I paste into whatever other program (TextEdit, Word, etc.) as needed.

There may be another/quicker way, too, of which I'm not aware. Does this do what you're looking for?

Hey that works. Thanks Abram. Crazy how many times I've right clicked for that context menu and never thought of using the References, <headshake>!

• Like 1

You can also display the text in the pane as References Only, and then simply copy it.

The other little trick I find very helpful on this is the "add selection to" => "New Reference List Tab" in the "Selection" menu (Keyboard shortcut CMD-CTRL-R)

The result of a search may be exactly what you want, or you may wish to pick and choose. If the list is exactly what you want, then Helen's or Abram's method are just perfect and exactly what I do (Abram's more than Helen's in my workflow)

But sometimes I want to exclude certain entries because the search hasn't quite picked up what I want in every case, or some other reason. Using the above only, you would need to paste the results and then hand edit the list. An easier way, IMHO, to do that, is to scroll though the text and place the cursor in the verse I want to list and press the shortcut. A new list window appears with just the text I added, and as I do that with more verses (click in the verse, CMD-CTRL-R) it just adds to the list the verses I want to include.

Then I can do a "Copy as Reference List" and I just get the verses I want to include. The additional advantage of this is that I can save the list and use it for further searches, or reference.

• Like 1