Midrash Rabbah & JPS Torah Commentaries

art

I searched the forum and saw that this was suggested back in 2005.

It would be extremely beneficial to have at least an English module of the Midrash Rabbah and even more so to have an parallel Hebrew/Aramaic text (but one step at a time!). Are there any plans for this?

It was also mentioned that Accordance would be looking into getting the rights for the JPS Torah Commentaries. Any updates?

We are still trying to get more Judaica texts. The JPS Torah Commentary is receiving a final polish and should be released any day now.

• 4 years later...

This particular thread has been dormant a long time … but I’d like to put in another “wish” for Midrash Rabbah in English and/or Hebrew.

Agreed... I think that this would be an excellent addition to Accordance. The ten volumes of The Soncino Midrash Rabbah, including the untagged Hebrew text, English translation, and notes, are available in an electronic edition produced jointly by Soncino Press and the Davka Corporation, but the interface is extremely outdated and limited. (See here.) Perhaps this edition could serve as the basis of an Accordance edition? I use it frequently despite its drawbacks, and I'd be willing to pay a cross-grade fee or more to have it in Accordance.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

Any word on the possible addition of a Hebrew Midrash Rabbah text to the Accordance library?

We are actively searching for a publisher that will grant us a license. We've checked with the obvious ones and had no success. We're still looking!

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Any update on this? Below is a suggestion someone made back in Oct 2017.

21 hours ago, Andrew Patterson said:

Any update on this? Below is a suggestion someone made back in Oct 2017.

Andrew, while you are waiting for the midrash;

Jps commentaries are available and worth it, as you have the jsb and jant. 
https://accordancebible.com/product/jps-commentary-set-12-volumes/

also, have you discovered these?

https://accordancebible.com/product/commentators-bible-the-set-of-5-volumes/

Edited by ukfraser