Blank titles in Contents Browser of LXXG Psalms and Odes

Abram K-J

Note the unpopulated parts of the contents browser in the LXXG Psalms and Odes module, though there are titles listed in the text/body of the tool itself. I was going to go through and report these through "Report a Correction," but there are a number of them throughout the Prolegomena.

post-31802-0-28807200-1396378684_thumb.png

(This is the apparatus specifically, I meant to say, although the screencap shows that. Confirmed as also being an issue in iOS, iPad mini.)

We've just released version 1.1 of the LXXG Psalms and Odes module which should fix the browser issue.

Mark

• Like 1

Thanks, Mark--yes, it looks much better and is easier to navigate now. Thanks for such a quick fix.

There are still a few rendering issues:

• § 8.1 should read 1. A′’ (in the Tool Browser). It's rendering as 1. AÆ’

• § 9.5: The Greek διαψαλμα is not rendering properly (or even as Greek) in the Tool Browser

• Superscripts (throughout the Browser) don't show as superscripts, as in §5.10. Textmischung in LaR, which should have instead LaR. There are quite a few of these

• § 1.3: Übersetzungen "’s in andere Sprachen should instead of "’s have http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/6/0/5/605cff2d58ee1208ca97d2ac0aa6059f.png’s (with a Gothic G, or at least "G")

I believe the second issue may be a limitation with respect to Accordance itself--noted also here.

If the above seems picky, it's only because I've come to expect "research grade" quality/high standards from Accordance texts, and I actually do use the Tool Browser quite a bit to get around and find my place in a tool. The kinds of rendering issues like the ones above make that more difficult.

Are rendering issues like the above a possible locus for future updates in the program/app?

Thanks, Mark--yes, it looks much better and is easier to navigate now. Thanks for such a quick fix.

There are still a few rendering issues:

• § 8.1 should read 1. A′’ [/size](in the Tool Browser). It's rendering as 1. AÆ’

• § 9.5: The Greek διαψαλμα is not rendering properly (or even as Greek) in the Tool Browser

• Superscripts (throughout the Browser) don't show as superscripts, as in §5.10. Textmischung in LaR, which should have instead LaR. There are quite a few of these

• § 1.3: Übersetzungen "’s in andere Sprachen should instead of "’s have http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/6/0/5/605cff2d58ee1208ca97d2ac0aa6059f.png’s (with a Gothic G, or at least "G")

I believe the second issue may be a limitation with respect to Accordance itself--noted also here.

If the above seems picky, it's only because I've come to expect "research grade" quality/high standards from Accordance texts, and I actually do use the Tool Browser quite a bit to get around and find my place in a tool. The kinds of rendering issues like the ones above make that more difficult.

Are rendering issues like the above a possible locus for future updates in the program/app?

Better support for multiple languages / fonts in the Browser is planned. This is the reason for all of those issues. But we'll check them out too.