Successful Emulator install - how to validate

djaneb

Hi there

I've successfully installed the Demo and completer package onto a Win7 machine.

I have an old 8.1 DVD but my iMac has been using EasyInstall since version 9 - what is the best way of getting my modules into the Windows machine? Can I just use them from the iMac? Stuff them and move them over via a USB stick?

Thanks for any suggestion.

(I emailed Tech Support but then I realised someone here may know.)

Deb

As Tech Support will explain, the only ways to get modules into the emulator are to install from one of our specially prepared DVDs, or to download individual installers from the website. We don't have a full set of installers up there, it's rather hit and miss, so it's best to order the DVDs.

The emulator cannot read a USB or DVD, and on Windows 7 doesn't read a CD. Tranferring a file via Windows loses the resource fork which is essential for the emulator. You can safely transfer .sit files prepared with old copies of StuffIT, but they take a long time to unstuff. You can plug in prepared .HFV files which are virtual drives to the emulator.

Thanks Helen. That's helpful.

How do I change the demo version on the Emulator to the non-demo version?

To clarify - if I stuff a module on my iMac and transfer that module to the emulator then unstuff it I should be able to install it then by doubleclicking the module that I have unstuffed - is that right?

Deb

You will need to download the installer for the 68K version of Accordance 9. You can remove the entire demo folder as you need to start over.

You will need the unlock code for each module, and you must stuff with StuffIt 7.0. It's a lot of hassle.

I cannot provide detailed personal tech support on the forums, I only replied so that people know what is involved.

Thank you! I have it all up and running with my modules installed and is going just fine. Technical support has provided me with all my unlock codes.

Deb

• 2 weeks later...

Helen, on the Catholic Advanced collection, is the DVD solution the only option?

Sincerely in Christ,

Rev. Paul L. Vasquez

For the emulator you will need to order a special PC DVD to install anything except the modules available on the Purchased Modules Download page.

• 3 weeks later...

Won't it be nice in 2013 when you won't have to use these workarounds anymore...? :)

http://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-For-Windows