Problem with Version 10.2.3

Fr. Rich

If I try to use the command N to start a new workspace or to open a new tab, Accordance crashes. I don't know how anything else works because I can't get any further than this. Please fix this quickly. As it stands now, the new version of Accordance is useless.

I can replicate this intermittently. If I tab away from search entry (I have Accordance set to open the last open session), cmd n opens the expected new tab. If I do not do this first, either nothing happens or 10.2.3 crashes. (MB Air, OS 10.8.4).

Command-N doesn't cause me any difficulties. What version of Mac OS are you using?

Can you open an existing workspace without crashing?

You might also try changing the default text in Accordance>Preferences>Search Tabs. Maybe something got corrupted there?

Lorinda

I seem to be able to open and work with existing workspaces unless I try to open a new tab. Command n mostly does not work and seems to cause the crash. Neither will command d work because as soon as I try to enter new Scripture, I crash. Also, command n will not work to create a new workspace. Until this update, I have not had any problems with running Accordance. This is happening on an iMac (21" screen) running OS X 10.8.4. 2.9 GHz i5 with 8 GB of DDR 3 RAM.

I have replicated this several times. Cmd N works only intermittently, and my initial "trick" of using leave the search entry box does not consistently make cmd N work or to prevent the crash. Accordance 10.2.3 on MB Air, OS 10.8.4 RAM

I tried changing default text. Command n does not work except as Fr. Michael says, "intermittently." In fact, it is almost as if Command N cause the crash.

Lucky for me, I still have version 10.2.1 on my MBPr at home. I will bring it to church and use it until this gets fixed. I'm going to get it now. I have a wedding in four hours and I need to print out the readings for the readers. Of course, things always go wrong at precisely the time you need for them to work!

I have reproduced this, and find that if you take the default text out of the folder and have it at the top level of the texts, command-N works. However there are many other ways to open a new tab so this should not prevent you from working.

I have no idea what you mean. My default text is NRSVS and it is also my top text. Command N does NOT work except every third or forth time. Moreover it does not work with any other text either. I have tried numerous other strategies for opening a new tab (remember, Command N also does NOT work to create a new workspace), all of them cause Accordance to crash. Your product is flawed. You need to stop telling those of us who are having trouble, who I notice are long term, loyal users, that everything is OK. It is not OK. You should recall 10.2.3, help those of us who made the mistake of upgrading get back to an earlier version and then not release 10.2.3 again until it actually works.

With Logos, I always check their forum before running the program. If there are any new versions, I will only run Logos off line until the forums reflect that the new version actually works. I have generally felt that Accordance was reliable enough that I did not need to use that approach. From now on though, I will check for your new versions and watch the forums until I can be assured that your product actually works.

By the way, at least in my case, it has nothing to do with Drop Box. I wisely decided not to sync using Drop Box.

I just tried again. I used Command N 7 times with no result. On the 8th try I got a new tab. Then I tried to create another new tab - Accordance crashed immediately.

I have the same problem with Command-N - new workspaces/tabs open only at times and ultimately crash the program

OS 10.8.4 with Acc 10.2.3

I followed Helen's advice to move my default text out of its folder in the library and place it at the top of the list of texts and then the command for new tab works

Edited by mbcvida

A new development. I tried removing NRSVS "from the folder" and p;acing it at the top. Result: "NRSVS is not available to Accordance." So nope I can't use the version that my church uses for public worship. Also, I am unpleasantly amazed at the lack of response from Accordance personnel to this thread. This is not the Accordance that I used to know and love.

I had just sent you a message to please contact me, before you posted this. We are following your posts, but it is Saturday afternoon (where you are).

• Like 1

Stability is an issue with 10.2.3! Is there a way to revert to 10.2.1?

As noted above, I was able to intermittently replicate the crash with cmd-n

Now it crashes while typing a lengthy entry into the search window. Accordance crashed four times (NA28-T twice, HMT-W4 twice) before I could finish keying the search phrase (before I hit "enter").

MB Air 11 inch, 4 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

I believe we have a fix for both the Command-N and the typing crashes. Please try downloading this alpha of 10.2.4 to see if it resolves your issues. Feel free to rename it, or just keep it as your normal Accordance, as the proper 10.2.4 will easily overwrite it via in-app update.

http://accordancefiles1.com/products/Accordance_10.2.4a1.zip

Please let me know if this helps with the problems at all, thanks!

The alpha seems to have stopped the crashing for me. So far so good.

The alpha seems to have fixed my problems too. Thanks for your quick action.

Hey — I was not plagued with all the issues the others were having, especially Rich, but I did have the crash when I typed either in a User Note or User Tool. That seems to be resolved. Thanks. You all must have had an exhausting weekend!

All my issues were fixed by 10.2.4

Thanks!

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

Hi Accordancers!

Can anyone verify if the new release can handle periods in the names of User Tools? I went back to 10.1.7 after 10.2 because most of my user tools were rendered inoperable. If this is fixed I'd like to take advantage of a few new features in the 10.2.x release.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

We had several fixes in 10.2.4 for User Content files with periods in their name.

Could you please test your User Tools on 10.2.4 and let us know how it goes?

Mike

Hi Jonathan,

We had several fixes in 10.2.4 for User Content files with periods in their name.

Could you please test your User Tools on 10.2.4 and let us know how it goes?

Mike

Hi Mike,

I just downloaded and installed 10.2.4. I can verify that............it opens all the User Tools I've tried to open so far! Thanks for working on this issue. Certain user tools were an essential part of my workflow.

Sincerely,

Jonathan