Hebrew Strong's + BDB Abridged don't show Instant Details for word links

Anthony Sepulveda

[Acc 10.3.1, HP Pavilion g6-2306el, Win8]
Hebrew Strong's + BDB Abridged don't show Instant Details for word links (but information from scripture/abbreviation links do show up). On the other hand, all these links work well in the KM Hebrew Dictionary.

The Mounce Greek and KM Dictionaries have many links of types which are not supported in the older modules.

Hi Helen,

So there's no easy way to actualize these links in Hebrew Strong's and BDB Abridged, so that they show up in Instant Details?

I'm having trouble understanding what exactly you're trying to do, or request to be able to do.

As it stands, each Key Number text is tied to a specific dictionary. Most modern translations use KM Hebrew + Mounce Greek. The exceptions are KJVS > Hebrew / Greek Strong's; NAS95S > NAS Hebrew / Greek; NIV-G/K > NIV Hebrew / Greek (no longer available for purchase).

Touching on a tagged word in say the OT of ESVS will bring up the entry in KM Hebrew. If you wanted to see this same entry in BDB you would need to amplify from the Hebrew word in KM Hebrew. This would open your top Hebrew dictionary.

Does this help? If not, can you give a specific example?

Edited by Rick Bennett

Hi Rick,

When I view these tools in a zone inside a workspace with the Instant Details window, everytime I put the cursor over a link to a scripture reference or an abbreviation, information about them appears in Instant Details. However, when I put the cursor over a link to a hebrew word or its key number, no information is displayed in Instant Details. I expected it to show information about the word, just like it does in the KM Hebrew Dictionary.

Hi Rick,

When I view these tools in a zone inside a workspace with the Instant Details window, everytime I put the cursor over a link to a scripture reference or an abbreviation, information about them appears in Instant Details. However, when I put the cursor over a link to a hebrew word or its key number, no information is displayed in Instant Details. I expected it to show information about the word, just like it does in the KM Hebrew Dictionary.

Forgive me, my previous post was assuming you were using the iOS app, so disregard my instructions for amplifying. I've been replying to another similar post at the same time and got confused.

In your case can you please post a screen shot of your workspace setup so I can see what you're trying to do? Others are free to chime in as well, if I am just missing something obvious.

I think the "links" you are referring to in the Hebrew Strong's + BDB Abridged are internal links as opposed to the hyper links in the KM Hebrew Dictionary. By internal... I mean that by clicking on them... they take you somewhere else within that module.

Hi Steve,

I see; I guess this distinction makes sense...Will it be possible to format the internal links of Hebrew Strongs + BDB into hyperlinks, so that their information can be easily consulted via Instant Details?

Hi Rick,

No problem. :) Here are some steps so you can see what I'm referring to:

In the KM Hebrew Dictionary look for G/K number, say, 1948: Hover over the links, and information will show in Instant Details (even though they refer to links inside the same document). Also note that the link for 1955 is right-aligned, unlike in the other links; does this have to be corrected?

Now, let's try an entry in the Hebrew Strongs Dictionary, say, 1756: Hover over the links, and only the scripture references appear in Instant Details. The internal links don't show, unlike what we've seen in the KM Hebrew Dictionary.

In the same way, none of the internal links in the BDB Abridged module show in Instant Details.

I think Steve's explanation clarifies this: the links in the Hebrew Strongs + BDB aren't designed in such a way as to show their information in Instant Details, unlike the KM Hebrew Dictionary. What I wanted to suggest is that they do show this information in Instant Details as well.

This is a programming issue, these types of links are not programmed to appear in Instant Details.