What is the easiest way to synchronize Accordance on MacBook & iMac?

huios

Hi,

The entire question is contained in the "Topic Title" field. That is, if it all fit in (I'm new to posting on this site).

So, what is the easiest way to synchronize Accordance between my MacBook & iMac?

I have some ideas, but would appreciate hearing the easiest or best way from those in the know.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

It all depends on what you mean by synchronize? Accordance does not support synchronization per se, i.e. updating of changes in either direction between different installations.

To update the program version you should run the installer on each copy.

If you have updated the modules and wish to update the other set of modules you can copy the entire Accordance folder, or just the Modules folder between the Macs.

Your work: settings, highlights, saved windows, user Notes and Tools are saved in your user. To keep both copies of Accordance in synch you would need to copy over and replace these files any time you made any changes. Please see this post on Migrating.

It all depends on what you mean by synchronize?

Your work: settings, highlights, saved windows, user Notes and Tools are saved in your user. To keep both copies of Accordance in synch you would need to copy over and replace these files any time you made any changes. Please see this post on Migrating.

Hello Ms. Brown,

I guess I could have made my meaning clearer. You hit the answer with #3 - retained above. The link to the Migrating topic was very useful.

I just want the same projects on both my MacBook and iMac. So I'll send the files you mentioned in the Migrating topic to myself via email and, to check out all the possibilities, connect the two via firewire, with the MacBook in target disc mode.

So, you fully answered my question.

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Archived