Navigating hit results

Abram K-J

This question should be easy--I am searching a tool (TOTC Isaiah, to be exact) for an English Content word. Whether I select Article or Paragraph, whenever I click Mark down (or use the keyboard shortcut), I go to a new paragraph, so that if I have landed in a paragraph with three hit results, selecting Mark down doesn't actually take me to the next hit in that same paragraph.

Is there a way around this? It's not a major inconvenience, but in tools with long paragraphs and multiple hits, it would be nice to actually go mark-by-mark or hit-by-hit.

One other way this manifests itself is that if I'm looking at a long paragraph and the hit isn't until much later in the paragraph, I have to manually scroll (and stop using Marks/hits navigation) to get to the result.

Or am I missing something obvious?

Marks are currently treated on the paragraph level, just like they are treated on the verse level for texts. So, as of now, you will have to scroll a bit for the long paragraphs.

Ah, I see. And the difference being (in how a user experiences it) that paragraphs in tools can be way longer than a single verse, where not much scrolling would be needed.

FWIW, would be nice to be able to navigate mark-by-mark, much as you would do using command/control + F in a Web browser or Pages, etc. Not sure how much re-writing that would require.

I agree. This would be a nice feature to have and much more intuitive when navigating through tools.

• Like 1