Try before you buy

Bud Lengtat

I am a long time user of Accordance. I recently discovered that version 8 is finally here. And there is a free demo. I downloaded the demo to see the dramatic changes. In order to really try before you buy, shouldn't you be able to try it with the Bible versions you normally use? I can't figure out how to make it open my ESV module.

One of the limitations of the demo is that the module must be less than 2 MB, hence it cannot open a full Bible, sorry! After all, you are trying the new features and they are the same with any text.

I read that the modules were less than 2 MB, but I didn't realize that meant I couldn't really try it with the versions I use. Maybe it would be good to point out on the download page that you can't really try it with one of the Bibles you already have. I wouldn't have downloaded it had I known. I'll probably buy it some day because I have an Intel Mac, but as a casual (as opposed to daily) user of Accordance, I don't consider the Try Before You Buy worth downloading. I suppose if I didn't own Accordance at all and wanted to see what it was like, the Try Before You Buy would be a good thing. It just didn't work for me.

Archived