UBS5th with apparatus?

Julia Falling

Hey – It is finally available for purchase in the dead tree version. Any idea of date of availability in Accordance? In progress?

We already have the Greek text in the GNT28-T and with the NA sigma sigla + apparatus, for which I am very grateful.

Thanks.

Edited by Julie Falling
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Julie

Sorry I have see even now your question. I have ask the GBS in the middle of the May this year, and the answer was:

vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.
Die Module sind in Planung, wir haben im Moment allerdings noch keinen Termin dafür.

Wir hoffen auf eine Veröffentlichung im Laufe des Jahres.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Tim Zimmermann

Support Elektronische Publikationen
Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft

My bad translate below:

The modules are in scheduling, but at the moment no date for this.

We hope to release in the course of the year.

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks, Fabian. I figured it was in the works. And thanks for the translation. My German is non-existent. Though I can decode a few words, it's not enough to make sense of what was said. The capitalization seems to be random – well, German is not English. (Greek is not English and Hebrew is not English, and sometimes English doesn't look much like English, either.)

Edited by Julie Falling
  • Like 1

BHQ and NA28 in Accordance are so well-produced (some of Accordance's finest, I think), that the thought of UBS5 in Accordance is appealing!

Thanks, Fabian. I figured it was in the works. And thanks for the translation. My German is non-existent. Though I can decode a few words, it's not enough to make sense of what was said. The capitalization seems to be random – well, German is not English. (Greek is not English and Hebrew is not English, and sometimes English doesn't look much like English either.)

German capitalization is used for all sorts of nouns and not just proper nouns. It's actually pretty clever. That way you'll never confuse them with verbs. We used to have this same feature in Danish too until the late 1950'ies. Pity, really.

Edited by Pchris

Thanks for the explanation, Pchris. Quite a good idea.

Thanks, Fabian. I figured it was in the works. And thanks for the translation. My German is non-existent. Though I can decode a few words, it's not enough to make sense of what was said. The capitalization seems to be random – well, German is not English. (Greek is not English and Hebrew is not English, and sometimes English doesn't look much like English, either.)

I should perhaps add that American is not English, either. :)

Hello Julie

For me is high german also a foreign language, but the one that i can best :) but my english can better :D

Greetings

Fabian

I'll buy the UBS5 w/ apparatus module as soon as it's released, which apparently won't be before next year. :-(