Library window

rcdeacon

Sorry, but I am still trying to get acclimated to Accordance. I have 3 favorite workspaces saved. I have them listed in the Library Window under "Favorite Workspaces". When I want to change workspaces I am under the impression that all I have to do is click on the "Favorite Workspace" I want and the workspace will change to the one I clicked. Am I wrong on this? You see, I ask because it DOES NOT change for me. I have to go to "file" and "open" to change workspaces. I may have set up my workspaces wrong or perhaps my logic is wrong but if someone could shed a little light on this I would appreciate it.

Bob

If you are accessing them from the Library Window, you need to double-click on the favorite workspace you want to have appear. (At least, this works for me)

If you are accessing them through the Resource Palette, you click and hold on the star icon until the list appears. Then, while still holding the mouse (or trackpad) button down, move the cursor to the workspace you want. Let go of the button at that point, and the workspace should open (at least it does for me).

Lorinda

I'm guessing you're opening them from the resource window. That is typically done to "amplify" from your current workspace. Check out the ESV study bible podcast to see how to amplify to a workspace on video, or check out David Lang's blog entry.

You'll have better luck with using the Library window to accomplish what I think you're trying to do.

Mike

If I double click on the workspace listed in "Favorite Workspaces" NOTHING happens! (Library Window) I have to click on "file" on the menu bar and then click on "open", find my desired workspace and then click on it to change. I am beginning to suspect something is NOT right with my Accordance install!

Bob

This may be a new bug. It is not an error in your installation. We will look into it.

This may be a new bug. It is not an error in your installation. We will look into it.

Thank you very much Helen.

OK. I need to make a MAJOR correction. Apparently I did not have something right with the workspace called "My Workspace". After the last post I went back and triple checked and could not click "Favorite Workspaces" and load "My Workspace". I was able THIS TIME to change into one of the two OTHER workspaces. I deleted "My Workspace" from the "Favorite Workspaces" and then went and clicked on "file" then clicked on "open" to open "My Workspace". Once I opened it I added it to "Favorite Workspaces" utilizing the star (favorites) in the Resource Palette and it seems to be working OK. Sorry if I caused disturbance but it seems at this point that the problem was NOT a bug but a problem with the entry of "My Workspace" in the Workspace Favorites menu.

Bob

Just for information. I just watched another one of Dr. J's podcasts and then went in and made some changes to my active workspace. Whether that change was related or not I do not know but now I am back to NOT being able to move between workspaces when I click on them in "Favorite Workspaces". Perhaps there is some kind of a bug after all.

Additional information. I deleted one of my workspaces entitled "Bob's Workspace". I went in to the Accordance folder and deleted it but when I start up Accordance it still shows up as my initial workspace. Could this problem be linked to some preferences file somewhere? I can no longer access any of my "Favorite Workspaces" utilizing the Library window. I must click on "File" then "open" and click on the workspace I want in order to change workspaces. I apologize for any additional confusion or problems this may create.

Bob, we have confirmed that this is a bug. You'll just have to live without favorite workspaces until we can release a fix. Apparently another fix for 8.3.3 broke this one. You cannot imagine how complex this program is!

Bob, we have confirmed that this is a bug. You'll just have to live without favorite workspaces until we can release a fix. Apparently another fix for 8.3.3 broke this one. You cannot imagine how complex this program is!

Thank you Helen. You're a great help! I found the preferences file and was able to remove the old workspace and now have the proper workspace when Accordance opens. I have also found that if I open all of my workspaces when I begin using Accordance then I can switch between workspaces using "Favorite Workspaces". Favorite workspaces however WILL NOT initially open any given workspace! I hope some of this is of some help in the monumental task of finding a bug in a haystack!

Bob

Another side note to this problem. I just discovered that if I set up my "default session" in preferences to include all my favorite workspaces that once Accordance is started I can switch from workspace to workspace in the Library Window.

Bob

Archived