Simplify Searching

ChristianB

Maybe the idea isn't new. But couldn't find s.th. here so I decided to post this.

Actually the following idea came to mind because s.th. else is bugging me. Oftentimes I find my self searching a verse even though the search bar is still set to words.

The other way around its no problem, because you just have to press "Do word search" and you are in the words section. But it doesn't work this way. I would prefer a similar behavior while searching verses.

http://a5.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/bild3fbed1.png

The window which pops up when misspelling a word wouldn't be necessary if there would be autocompletion like in Safaris URL Bar or Itunes Store Search ...

http://a1.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/bild2c9e0a.png

Or even better. Since I'm using the keyboard a lot I would be happy to have a shortcut solution for that. Lets say search is set to words but you want so lot up a verse. Wouldn't it be nice if you could do that by just holding another key while hitting return ... like ⌥ + ↩ ?

Stuff like that would make working with Accordance a lot easier.

Besides that it would be cool if Accordance would be able to understand a few more (german) abbreviations. 1Kor isn't so different from 1Cor ... but it doesn't work.

Or even better. Since I'm using the keyboard a lot I would be happy to have a shortcut solution for that. Lets say search is set to words but you want so lot up a verse. Wouldn't it be nice if you could do that by just holding another key while hitting return ... like ⌥ + ↩ ?

Stuff like that would make working with Accordance a lot easier.

You can do this already by hitting cmd + ;

You can do this already by hitting cmd + ;

cmd + makes my text in the window pane increase in size. This happens even if the cursor is in the search box. It does not change the search from a word search to a verse search or vise versa.

cmd + makes my text in the window pane increase in size. This happens even if the cursor is in the search box. It does not change the search from a word search to a verse search or vise versa.

Sorry for the confusion. The shortcut is command semicolon, the + was just to indicate the combination of both keys ( cmd + ; ).

Sorry for the confusion. The shortcut is command semicolon, the + was just to indicate the combination of both keys ( cmd + ; ).

Boy, do I feel stupid. It's not like I've been using a Mac for 20 years or anything!

Thanks for being kind, Rick!

Thanks for the Shortcut. Even though this isn't exactly what I am suggesting. But its much better than having to use the mouse to switch between verses and words

Archived