Strange dialogue box when opening Accordance 9

DanG

Every time I open Accordance 9 I get a message: Cannot access the file "", since it is not open. Perhaps this file was closed by another application. Quit and restart Accordance to fix this problem.

Behind this dialogue box it also opens a new workspace with one Bible text open. Once I click "Ok" then my last session opens.

Any thoughts?

Did you purchase Syntax modules and download them early? Check the topics on those, you mau need to remove 3 files. Otherwise it may be trying to add a Notes file, so remove your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/User Notes, and if that works, add your notes back one by one.

Did you purchase Syntax modules and download them early? Check the topics on those, you mau need to remove 3 files. Otherwise it may be trying to add a Notes file, so remove your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/User Notes, and if that works, add your notes back one by one.

Uninstalled syntax modules. Everything worked great. Then reinstalled syntax modules with easy install. Same problem again.

Did you delete the Syntax preference from the user preferences?

I deleted from three places:

Library-Appl Support-Accordance-Accordance Preferences

Library-Appl Support-Accordance-Gloss Folder

User-Library-Preferences-Accordance Preferences

I deleted from three places:

Library-Appl Support-Accordance-Accordance Preferences

Library-Appl Support-Accordance-Gloss Folder

User-Library-Preferences-Accordance Preferences

Any ideas? I still can't install the syntax files and get Accordance to work. I've tried at least a dozen different times.

I'm just guessing here, but have you tried creating a new workspace, then saving that workspace as a default session in your preferences?

Also, make sure you've deleted your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/User Notes.

I'm just guessing here, but have you tried creating a new workspace, then saving that workspace as a default session in your preferences?

Also, make sure you've deleted your user/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/User Notes.

I've done both. Doesn't make any difference in the process.

You've said that your last session opens when you click "Ok" in the dialog box. Do you have your preferences set to open to your last session?

You've said that your last session opens when you click "Ok" in the dialog box. Do you have your preferences set to open to your last session?

Yes.

Found the fix with Justin. Here's what we did:

We deleted both user and system syntax files from the Accordance Preferences and renamed or moved both the general settings temporaryily. Opened Accordance and re-downloaded the syntax files and then replaced the new general settings file in the user preferences with the old one.

We deleted both user and system syntax files from the Accordance Preferences and renamed or moved both the general settings temporaryily. Opened Accordance and re-downloaded the syntax files and then replaced the new general settings file in the user preferences with the old one.

Helen,

Would you be so kind to walk me through this step by step? I as you know have had a similar problem.

Cliff

The good news: this did work.

However, when A9 asked for my install code for the OT module, I entered it, pressed Ok and A9 immediately crashed. I restarted A9 and everything seemed to be ok except for opening an extra workspace every time I opened A9. No matter what workspace I opened, A9 would open another generic workspace too. So then I entered the install code for the NT module--no crash this time! And the generic workspace doesn't seem to open either. So...

Now: if I open A9 by clicking on a workspace or session file saved in my documents file A9 will load and open the workspace/session as expected. HOWEVER, if I open A9 by clicking on the icon (Applications folder or the Dock) then I get the attached dialogue box (again). But, after clicking ok my last session load as expected. So... everything works, I just get an annoying dialogue box every time I start A9! Clear as mud?

post-27438-128516816532_thumb.png

Yes, like mud. We should have this fixed in the next rev.

Helen,

Thanks so much for all your help yesterday! It really was above and beyond!

The good news: this did work.

However, when A9 asked for my install code for the OT module, I entered it, pressed Ok and A9 immediately crashed. I restarted A9 and everything seemed to be ok except for opening an extra workspace every time I opened A9. No matter what workspace I opened, A9 would open another generic workspace too. So then I entered the install code for the NT module--no crash this time! And the generic workspace doesn't seem to open either. So...

Now: if I open A9 by clicking on a workspace or session file saved in my documents file A9 will load and open the workspace/session as expected. HOWEVER, if I open A9 by clicking on the icon (Applications folder or the Dock) then I get the attached dialogue box (again). But, after clicking ok my last session load as expected. So... everything works, I just get an annoying dialogue box every time I start A9! Clear as mud?

With 9.0.3 the problem continues, with one exception: now I don't just get the dialogue before the workspace appears I also get the same dialogue box again after the workspace appears. So now it shows up twice.

PLEASE contact me and screenshare again. I'll do my best to be available for you, despite the Conference.

Archived