Finding where a word is NOT mentioned

circuitrider

While studying yesterday I discovered that the word "mercy" is not mentioned in the book of Revelation. This piqued my interest to see what other books that mercy is not mentioned in.

I have tried various search combinations, but have not been able to narrow down my results to single book results.

Here are two results I am interested in finding :

1 - What books mercy is mentioned in at least once.

2 - What books mercy is not mentioned in at all.

Thanks to all you Accordance brains out there for your help!!

Circuitrider

Hi,

If I understand you right, you should get what you want by simply customizing the different options available in the Table tab of the Details window after you've run your search.

The little used Table (in Details) will give you that information on a simple search for the word.

After completing a search, if you click the pop-up button to the left of the Reference Box in the lower right corner of your search window, you will see a filtered list of only the books where this term was found.

You can also click the Details button and then peruse the impressionistic results in the Hits graph or the more precise information in the Table listing (which you can copy and paste, for example).

By elimination, then, the books where there are no hits do not contain the word.

Well, that was an easy one.

Thank you all for your help, it is GREATLY appreciated!

McDonald's Accordance - I'm Lovin' it!

Archived