Is there a "Bookshelf" view of the library?

Adam Szymanski

I often forget which books I have in my growing Accordance library. Is there a "bookshelf" view where I can show the cover photo of each book and browse that way?

Short answer: no, not that I am aware of.

The Library window has a tiny icon, which sometimes is the cover (other times it is generic). Clicking the "i" information button gives you the full title, short title, copyright info, version number and a slightly larger icon. I suspect you will find the "larger" icon still too small to be of much use. I know of no way to increase the icon size. You can organize your library with folders (though that is not what you asked). Check out the Accordance Help (under the Help section of the top bar on your monitor: file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/04_gswa/using_the_library.htm?Highlight=library%20window

NB: this link may not work on your computer. In help I searched under Library Window and selected Using the Library.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

The easiest way to see everything is to open the library, hold "option" and click the uppermost arrow of your tools (not bibles). That will open every subsequent tool group and it's nested folders so you can then scroll down and view with a glance everything in your library with the exception of your Bible texts, which you will have to open separately.

• Like 1

One correction. If your Bible texts are at least opened to the "View More" (plus sign) while you expand your tools section, then the Bible texts and nested folders will also open for viewing.