Open Accordance IOS from different program/External Links

Todd Mogilner

I use a wonderful program called ReadingPlan for IOS. This program allows me to follow a reading plan that I am doing. It has lots of wonderful features one of which allows me to customize the plan that I want to do. Such as doing a modified Horner (10 chapters a day) plan. If you are interested in the app it is called ReadingPlan and it is free in the app store (No I am not the author).

I do my reading on my iPad or iPhone most days. I use the ReadingPlan app to guide me and use Accordance to read from. I am wondering if accordance has links such as described below and if so, can they be used? It would mean that instead of me having to type in a 10 book search for me all I have to do is hit on the links in the reading plan application and it will automatically open for me.

I don't know much about programming but I thought I would throw it at you guys and see what you thought.

Here is the info that I found on his site:

Bible Links

ReadingPlan comes with a number of pre-defined links to online sites and native bible apps. (Unless you have just installed ReadingPlan, you may not see the entire list -- press 'Restore Defaults' to see what pops up.) You can also add additional sites by tapping 'Add New Link' and specifying a title and URL.

To determine the appropriate URL, visit the site in a web browser, execute a search (for, say, 'John 3'), copy and paste the browser's address line into the URL box, and replace the book+chapter portion of the URL with the placeholder '%@'. (You will see these two characters in the predefined links.) When a chapter is selected, the program replaces the placeholder with 'Book+Chapter'; for example, 'Genesis+1', or '1+John+3'.

If the 'Book+Chapter' format isn't accepted by the online site you specify, that site probably isn't compatible with ReadingPlan. However, some non-standard sites are supported via a 'translator' on the ReadingPlan site; currently, the Biblia, YouVersion, and Blue Letter sites. If you would like to suggest others, please contact tech support.

If one of the predefined sites suits you, but you prefer a different translation, carefully edit the 'version=' or 'v=' portion of the URL as appropriate. (Naturally, the site must support your desired translation, and recognize the abbreviation you specify.) For example, to use the NIV translation at the Bible Gateway site instead of the ESV, change 'version=ESV' to 'version=NIV'.

As of version 2.3.1, ReadingPlan can link to some native (on-device) bible reading apps, shown below. Support for other bible apps will be added as soon as they allow themselves to be launched by an external program.

Bible App or Vendor Sample Link

Crossway bible://%@

Just1Word j1w://verse/%@

PocketSword sword://ESV/%@

Mantis mantis://%@

Logos libronixdls:jump|ref=bible.%@

These links are now included in the default list. (Again, if you don't see them in the 'Bible Links' list, press 'Restore Defaults'.) Naturally, these won't work unless the corresponding app is installed. You may wish to delete these (and any other links you don't use.)

Todd,

Sorry but we have not yet defined a URL protocol for opening Accordance for Mac or iOS. It's definitely a good idea though.

Scott.

• 3 months later...

I would like to be able to open Accordance through ReadingPlan. Does Accordance for iOS presently have a reading plan built into it. I think I heard there was a module for it. Where can I find this module?

thanks,

Ahshuwah

I would like to be able to open Accordance through ReadingPlan. Does Accordance for iOS presently have a reading plan built into it. I think I heard there was a module for it. Where can I find this module?

thanks,

Ahshuwah

No. Not yet.

• 5 months later...

Another plug for this ability.

• 7 months later...

Would be great for me too. Or is there a way to make this bible reading plan (Horner - 10 chapter a day from 10 different books) into a usernote?