Scrolling Odes in Parallel between LXX Tagged and LXX Swete

Abram K-J

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the numbering of the Odes that are appended to the Psalms in Rahlfs and Swete (and in Rahlfs' Göttingen, too). I know they are differently ordered.

Accordance manages to mostly keep them scrolling in sync, when I put LXX1 and LXXS-T in parallel, despite their different chapter numbering systems.

However, in the attached screen shot, the title from Ode 13 in Swete is mistakenly placed on top of Ode 1 in Swete. From the second occurrence of verse 1 in LXX1, they scroll in tandem just fine.

I know about Report Correction in app, but this seemed to be a larger issue, since it seems to make the scrolling in parallel elsewhere a little off. I'll see if I can find out more, but I have to put the Odes away for the day now. :)

Oddly enough, this misplaced title I show in LXXS-T doesn't appear in LXXS-T by itself, but only when scrolled in parallel with Rahlfs.

Any ideas on why this is, and if I can do anything from my end to correct it? See attached.

post-31802-0-69989000-1392240809_thumb.png

Yes, I think this relates to an verse syncing issue. I discovered it when I completed the Göttingen Psalms and Odes edition. I don't know where this is on the list of fixing, but I would imagine it will be fixed in due course.

James

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

Speaking of--congrats on finishing Psalms/Odes in Göttingen.

James--on a somewhat related topic, do you know why both the superscription and the first verse are labeled as Odes 1:1 in Rahlfs? They even create two separate User Notes, but both as "Odes 1:1." I would have expected 1:0 for the superscription, as in Swete and elsewhere.

Or does it not make any difference at a working level?

I am not sure about the versification choices. I would have versified the handbuch ausgabe as 1:0 for the incipits.

Here--for what it's worth, this happens whether the search text is Rahlfs or Swete.

post-31802-0-69488900-1392264398_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

I don't know whether this issue is resolved yet in Accordance, or where it stands on the priority list, but for anyone needing a good point of reference for how the Odes are numbered in various manuscripts, this post from David Lincicum (from some time ago) is really helpful.