Book Title Search added to search menu for commentary set search function

Enoch

In an attempt to find out what books have commentary in a set, I brought up NIGTC. The search menu gives you several different search types to choose from, one of which is title. However, none of them enables you to search specifically for a Book title page in the series.

I request that one of the search alternatives allow you to go to the start of a commentary in the series. For example, when I chose Titles search and put in Mark, the search engine did not take me to the start of the commentary on Mark. Instead I went to a heading, "Mark and Q." The next down carrot went to another topic on Mark, but not to the commentary start.

Then I tried Luke and went to "Mark in relation to Luke and Q," instead of the the start of the commentary on Luke. Since it is not manifest which books have commentary in the set and which don't, this compounds the problem. It appears that one has to search for 27 titles for 27 books, but the search engine does not make the search easy.

Thus a desirable feature would be to be able to navigate quickly to the start of a commentary for a given book. If one chose a book that the set doesn't have, the search engine would report that fact.

Also, it would be nice to have at the start of a commentary module a list of the books which have commentary -- alternatively it might say, "This set has commentary on all books of the NT except Philemon."

When I tried searching for "The Gospel of Luke," the result was "these words . . . were not found." Yet those words are there, albeit "THE GOSPEL OF" and "LUKE," are on successive lines. (Incidentally, this capitalized title is not "shouting." Capital letters do not constitute shouting, just a different font and a quotation of what Accordance has in its module; caps are sometimes used for emphasis. Shouting is an auditory event, not a visual event. When angry words are emphasized with caps, that might be called analogous to shouting, but general use of caps is not analogous to shouting; nor is the use of caps for a title shouting -- rather it is a common & old custom). When there were only 2 fonts available on most internet word processors, caps were useful; but somehow someone dreamed up the general objection to capitals as shouting.

Edited by Enoch