Background color change

Gregory

Any text color on a white background is hard to read (for myself).

Being able to change the background color would be a plus.

Also a drop down menu to jump to diffrent books in the bible would be cool as well.

If you're desperate you can go into System Preferences (assuming you're running OS X), choose Universal Access, and select "White on Black" for display, then you'll get Accordance displaying white characters on a black background.

Did you know that you can specify in the System Preferences that you want your system to display text as white on black? Just go to Universal Access in the System Preferences. You'll find that option under the Seeing tab.

As for the book list drop down menu, have you discovered the Go To box at the bottom right of the Search window? You just enter the book name or abbreviation you want and click OK to jump there.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

First, the Universal Access is clever and I can "see" a need for it. (bad pun)

However, the contrast is too much for my eyes, whether white on black or black on white.

I would love the ability to adjust the background and text color to my liking.

For instance in Macsword, I would tint the background to a slight off white color, similar to old newspaper, while

adjusting the text color to about 85% - 90% black. Personally, this increases readability and decreases eye-strain tenfold.

I'll include a screentshot that I created, since I no longer have Macsword loaded on this machine. ;)

Secondly, I would really, really like the ability to adjust the paragraph leading with maybe a slider or scaler. Sometimes when increasing font size the text can lose its readability due to the lines being too close together. This too depends on the font being used.

Now what would be killer is if I had the ability to create my own stylesheets. Then I'd be drooling...

post-548-1164752994_thumb.png

Archived