Workspace synchronization

rcdeacon

I am a very new user of Accordance having come from the PC world and the world of other Bible study software. I was wondering if Accordance will allow the various books/texts that are open in the workspace to synchronize. In other words, when you change the verse in the text window the books that are open follow. I hope I am being clear.

I am a very new user of Accordance having come from the PC world and the world of other Bible study software. I was wondering if Accordance will allow the various books/texts that are open in the workspace to synchronize. In other words, when you change the verse in the text window the books that are open follow. I hope I am being clear.

There are certain kinds of resources that can stay in sync, and others that cannot.

Texts (e.g. KJV Bible) and Reference Tools (under the icon with the "1:1" on it) are automatically synchronized on the same "tab."

To sync these when they're in different windows or tabs, use the "Link" command. Check out the Accordance training video by David Lang titled "Searching More Than One Module" at http://www.accordancefiles2.com/training/data/Searching.html

Have fun!

To sync these when they're in different windows or tabs, use the "Link" command. Check out the Accordance training video by David Lang titled "Searching More Than One Module" at http://www.accordancefiles2.com/training/data/Searching.html

Have fun!

Thank you very much for this valuable information. I have already begun to view the numerous podcasts available to enhance my learning curve. I will definitely check out the video by David Lang. Thanks again for the help.

In addition to what Mike said, you can "tie" a tab to the contents of another tab (and, like Mike said, it only works for texts and modules under the "1:1" icon). To 'tie' a tab to another tab, right-click on the tab (or ctrl-click; or go through the Window menu: Window/Set/Tie to...) put your cursor on "Set Tab" and then choose "Tie to [tab name]" to choose the tab you want synchronize with.

Archived