Fast Font Switching in User Notes

Denes House

What if, when a user note is open, there were three buttons at the top of the window, one labelled "E", one labelled "G" and one labelled "H" - so that one could be typing along, want to type in Hebrew, hit the H button, and the user-defined Hebrew font/size/style would be activated at the cursor point. Then, when the user was done typing in Hebrew, they could hit the E, and be back in their user-defined default Roman font/size/style. Want to type in Greek? Hit the G button, and when you're done, hit E again and hey, presto! You're back typing in English.

Would this be a hard feature to implement? It seems like it would be of immense value.

Guest frgpeter

I agree with this. I'm sure I could implement an AppleScript to change fonts, but some sort of "built-in" function would be nice.

G. Peter David+ Posthumus

This is a nice new idea, and we will certainly consider it for the future if other people see a need for it.

Don't forget the copy and paste style options (command [ and ]) which let you copy all the font and style info in one piece of text and apply it to new text.

Archived