Operator error or need a new feature-- Tools

RPat

As mentioned in the title, this may be operator error or a feature that's missing.

Part 1:

When using a tool, such as, Jenni Westermann or NIDOTTE, I find the are not linked or I can't get just click to an article when its referenced to another tool that I have.

Example..

I'm reading an entry on the Sabbath in NIDOTTE and at the top it has references to BDB and Jenni. When I click on the DBD highlight, it goes to an abbreviation glossary that says "Brown-Driver-..."

What I would like it to do is take me to the entry in BDB because I have BDB. If I click on the Jenni link, I'd like to go to the Jenni article. It would really speed my work up.

Is this operator error or is cross-linking between Heb and Greek tools not enabled? If it isn't enabled, is there a work around?

Part 2:

This is probably a feature request. BibleWorks has a great feature that when you are in/on a verse or a word, you can select "Lexical and Gramtical Help". This then creates a window of hyperlinks to that word or verse in all of the Lexical and Gramtical helps installed.

Example...

I go to John 1:1 and select or mouse-over "word"; select "Lexical Gramatical Helps"

a window pops up with a listing of links to pages in Tischendorf, UBS Grk Dict, Wallace, Burtons Tenses & Moods, etc. Then I can hyperlink to the specific ones I'm interested in.

I find this very, very, very uesful to get a view in all the references for a particular word or verse.

PS This is THE one feature I miss now that I'm on a Mac :(

Thanks,

Rich

Rich:

Part 1: We do not have preset linking between different tools. Instead you can simply select the word of interest or the entry word of the article and then select the other tools from the Resource Palette, and it will quickly look up that word in the new tool.

Part 2: You can create your own groups of tools in the Search All, one for Greek helps, one for Hebrew, whatever you want. Then all you need to do is select the word and choose that set from the Search pop-up menu in the Resource palette. The resulting window gives you the links to those words in all those tools.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try some of the suggestions and then maybe still add a feature request!

Rich

I found the lookup OK, but cumbersome. For example, if I select on

Rich:

Thanks for the feedback.

You cannot set the field of the search when you amplify to a Tools window, since Accordance selects the field based on the language of your selection (or whether it is a Scripture reference) and then searches the relevant fields in turn. Of course, you can change th field and repeat the search once the window is open.

Putting in "hard links" for cross references to other tools would be an enormous project, and greatly slow the development of new tools. Most of our users seem to prefer the flexibility of the current system anyway. In J-W you should select the Hebrew word so that it finds the entry in NIDOTTE.

Thanks for the clarification on amplification. I'll spend a little more time in chapter 14 & 15.

As for the links, thought I would ask...sniff, sniff :(

Thanks again for a great product. :D

Rich

Archived