Reverse direction of Hebrew characters

pandakruon

What do you mean? Unicode does not need the characters reversed as it is true right-to-left.

Ah, well, since Unicode supports right-to-left, the characters are not and do not need to be reversed, the logical order is to go from the English to the true beginning of the Hebrew, follow to the end of the Hebrew and then go on with English. Accordance does this on Unicode export irrespective of the setting of the checkbox.

Why would you want to start the Unicode at the end of the line of Hebrew? That's what the Reverse direction does, so that Yehudit etc., can be exported to a word processor.

I'm uploading Hebrew words to a flashcard app called StudyCards for the iPhone (worklifestudy.com). The iPhone can display Unicode characters in Hebrew, but it doesn't get the right-to-left part. So I can manually enter Hebrew Unicode words by reversing the characters, and it turns out looking right.

If I could get Accordance to reverse the Unicode characters for me, it would save a lot of typing Hebrew backwards. Although, I found another program that will reverse Unicode characters called Apimac Clean Text.

Archived