#1 Lance

Lance

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

I recently had to do a backup and restore operation on my iPhone. (It was a requirement for getting my phone unlocked so I could change provider.)

I had forgotten that this results in the loss of my installed Accordance modules, notes, etc on the device.

I've now re-installed a set of data that I think resembles what I want on the phone, through a sync operation. That's fine for notes and tools. But I'm sure the particular set of texts and modules I selected isn’t exactly what I had on it before, and what I had before I had developed by trial and error over several months.

Is there a way of getting the iPhone Accordance content back to exactly what I had before the phone restore? e.g. would there be some files in my TM backup on my mac that would achieve this?

Thanks.

Blessings!
Lance <º))><

MBP late-2011 (10.9), iPhone 4, iPad 2

#2 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

Lance,

Your user content (user notes, user tools, and highlights) are part of the data that is saved and restored during the iOS device backup and restore process. If they were not present and available to our iOS app after the restore, then that is a bug.

As you rightly noted, purchased module content is not part of the device backup data and therefore is not present after the iOS device restore. We've talked internally about "remembering" what purchased module content was installed and offering to download that particular set of modules the very next time a user opens the Easy Install view or goes to sync with the desktop app. It just hasn't progressed much beyond the initial discussion stage at this point. User feedback like yours helps us set the priority of new features or enhancements so we'll definitely be adding you "vote" to the list of possible features added in the future.

Thanks for the feedback.

#3 Lance

Lance

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Thanks, Scott. Yes definitely a +1 from me for such a feature.

btw - I can't say whether the user notes etc were in the initial restore, because I didn't check for them at the time.

Blessings!
Lance <º))><

MBP late-2011 (10.9), iPhone 4, iPad 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: restore, sync

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users