resizing issues

Fr. Rusty

When resizing a Workspace, the program is not responding or tracking correctly.

Using the control at the bottom right of workspace and attempting to resize, one can move curser, but result is delayed for , up to , several seconds.

It now takes me literally a couple of min. to move and resize a workspace for different monitors.

Next:

If I move resource palette, highlighter, instant details, to my larger screens, then place workspace in blank are, then hit the icon to "size the area ", instead of filling the remainder of the screen area, the workspace "overfills" and thus some of it is "behind" other working areas such as resource palette, instant details etc.

This is frustrating, resizing is livable in general ( do not like all the floating palettes, too many of them-smile) but the "herky-jerky-slow, delayed" work of resizing is a real issue as there is no way to know where the panel is going to end up, you move it, wait to see where it lands, then adjust, wait to see where it ends up, so forth and so on.

Also noticing some speed reduction, slowness for program to launch, and a "few" spinning beach-balls.

Have done Osx maintenance, other programs "seem" to be ok.

This is not as important as some of the other things I know you are working on for folks, but thought you should know about the issues in case they are related to other areas.

Thanks,

Rusty+

First of all, I suspect you have a lot of tabs open in the workspace, and that will slow it down. However, I think this is related to the temporary fix for the text display issues we had in earlier versions. The fix improved the display of the lines but added delays. We are working to get this right all round, but it is very complex, so please be patient.

First of all, I suspect you have a lot of tabs open in the workspace, and that will slow it down. However, I think this is related to the temporary fix for the text display issues we had in earlier versions. The fix improved the display of the lines but added delays. We are working to get this right all round, but it is very complex, so please be patient.

Dear Helen: Thanks for the update, no problem on being patient.

Yes, had several tabs that generally stay open in my default workspace/zones setup.

Have already reduced those resources.

Thanks again:

Rusty+

Archived