all that is good (tob)

Stabnow

When I search in BHS-W4 for =tob-1 (the Hebrew word for "good") it returns 531 hits in 491 verses. If I create a construct and search for =tob-1 as noun or adjective I get 530 hits in 491 verses. If I search in another window for =tob-1 and not contained in that search I get nothing. How do I find that one case where tob-1 is not a noun or adjective?

The problem appears to be in counting in Psalm 38:21. If you do a search for טוב and specify a [RANGE Ps 38] you will notice that two instances of טוב appear, but that the count is "3 hits Verse 1 of 1." Looking at the details in tabular form with a chapter break-down shows the same (incorrect) count.

I don't know why it is happening.

I cannot reproduce this problem however I define the range. Are you using the BHS-W4 release 4.1.4 dated Nov 04?

I have 4.1.3, so that may explain it. How can I get 4.1.4?

Here's what I see. Note "3 hits" but only two highlighted occurances.

post-63-1129624486.png

Oops, my mistake. Release 4.1.4 is not released to the public, but there will be an upgrade available next month. I guess this is a bug because I agree that 4.3.1 does show 3 hits in this verse. You can ignore the discrepancy.

How in the world did you find that error in Ps 38 -- process of elimination?

Yes. I did the searches and brought up the details in table format so I could compare the count on each book. Once I found Psalms, I narrowed the search and compared chapters. It didn't really take too long!

Archived