paulnystedt

When I am looking at a passage, I am trying to find an option that indicates the verbs, adjectives, nouns, participles, etc. I am sure Accordance can do this, but I've been looking for it for hours and haven't been able to find it in any forums or by myself. I would like to be able to see these different parts of speech highlighted, circled, or underlined. Can someone please help me out!!!?

Thank you!

Paul: You can see all this in any tagged original text, but it isn't automatic. You can see the part of speech for the word under the cursor in Instant Details, and you can select text and choose Parsing from the Amplify menu, Language button or right-click menu. To mark all the verbs you would search your passage for verbs, and if you want to keep them marked you can use a Highlight style and shift-click on a style to mark all the hit words. You can then repeat that for all the nouns, etc. There is a highlight file available on the Exchange that has defined styles for the parts of speech, but you still need to mark up the text yourself.

We considered providing automatic markup, but what would we do? You may want parts of speech today, and verb tenses tomorrow. This method gives you complete flexibility and control.