Right-Click (Ctrl-Click) in Resource Palette

Rick Bennett

I noticed tonight that when I have the buttons in the resource palette switched to Text mode I'm not able to right-click. Anyone else notice this?

When the icons are in button mode, and a word is selected you can right-click and select another text/tool from a contextual menu, bypassing a search of this text/tool. When it is in text mode and you attempt to do the same thing it doesn't display a contextual menu, but opens the first text/tool in the list.

I have clarified this off-Forum with Rick. He was trying to open the menus of the Resource palette buttons with a two-finger tap on the track pad (on a MacBook). This is equivalent to a right or control click except that it is just a click. It does not allow you to click and hold the mouse, and therefore it does not open the menu of the palette buttons. The two-finger click, like a single click, opens the last tool chosen from the menu, or the first tool if none has been chosen. The right click or control click or two finger click just suppresses the search and opens the module at the beginning. In order to select from the menu you must always click and hold. This is how these special buttons work, unlike contextual menus.

Archived