Version 7.0.2

Alistair

Can we have release notes for each new update?

I am curious about what bugs have been swatted.

(If they are already documented then I've missed them)

Alistair,

I've posted a list of the biggest changes in 7.0.2 to the Accordance blog.

Hope it helps.

David,

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

One thing, however. The installer deletes the old Accordance 7.0.1 application and creates a new Accordance 7.0.2 application. The old icon remains in the dock but the alias is broken, while the new icon is added to the dock, giving two icons.

It would be better if the installer created an application simply called "Accordance". Then the old dock icon would automatically point to the newer version, which has in effect overwritten the previous version. (I think this functionality has been referred to in other threads regarding the use of aliases and launcher-style programs.)

Also, when selecting "About Accordance" from within the application, it only reads version number 7.0, regardless of whether it is version 7.0.1 or 7.0.2. Those of us who are used to checking our versions this way might request that you bring this function up-to-date. Otherwise it is a trip to the Finder and "get info".

Somebody must have suggested an auto-update facility for Accordance. Are you aware of Sparkle (http://www.andymatuschak.org/pages/sparkle)?

And don't think we haven't spotted the SpellCheck bundle hidden away inside the application's package resources! I know a lot of people are looking forward to seeing this activated.

~A!

OS X does not make it easy to update the icon in the dock anymore, and we think it is important to keep the version number on the name of the app (removing it may mess up future installers). See this topic.

I would like to hear a response to the following points:

One thing, however. The installer deletes the old Accordance 7.0.1 application and creates a new Accordance 7.0.2 application. The old icon remains in the dock but the alias is broken, while the new icon is added to the dock, giving two icons.
Is Accordance aware of this?

Also, when selecting "About Accordance" from within the application, it only reads version number 7.0, regardless of whether it is version 7.0.1 or 7.0.2. Those of us who are used to checking our versions this way might request that you bring this function up-to-date. Otherwise it is a trip to the Finder and "get info".

Can this be done? It's a little thing, but it is the standard.

Thanks for a great product!

Tom

The installers usually remind you to remove the old icon from the dock, the installer cannot actually do it for you.

We do now have room to add the last digit of the version number, it's just one more thing to remember and do!

OS X does not make it easy to update the icon in the dock anymore, ...

It seems obvious, but had not dawned on me. :mellow: The dock icon would not need to be updated if the Accordance application name did not change. So maintaining the app name solves the dock update issue as well. Two birds with one stone.

We plan to test the compatibility of plain Accordance (in OS X) with old installers, and implement the change in the next rev.

Archived