Import HTML file for User Tool

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I am trying to do an HTML import to create a new User Tool.

When I navigate to select the file to import all .html files are greyed out and cannot be selected. When I try to do a text file import it all works. This is on 10.4.2.1 on OSX 10.9.2. I've tried a couple of directories as places for the HTML files. I've also tried using a really simple HTML file with just an H1 tag in the body. That said I would not expect it to peek inside the files before selection has taken place.

Am I doing something really silly or is this broken right now ?

I'll try Windows when I can beat a path to the laptop.

Thx

D

I've tried this on win 10.4.2.2. on win 7 and this issue does not arise and my file can be imported.

Thx

D

I confirm the same issue on the mac with OSX 10.8.5

This was a recent change to improve the quality of imported HTML files, but it seems that on some systems, it is actually preventing any HTML files from being selected! We believe this is fixed now, to be included in the next release.

Thx Joel.

D

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that if you erase the Doctype line - the first line in the html file then the html file can be imported. I'm at work and do not have access to my files but I am pretty sure that is correct. I know if I eliminated that first line of html code the file then showed up when importing.

. . . . And apparently my previous post was grossly incorrect. This is very frustrating and seems to be random.

Edited by Greg Terry

We're in final testing of 10.4.3 that (among many other things) fixes this problem. Shouldn't be too much longer now.