"Save Active Tab" Issue

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Today I was creating a dozen or more reference lists, in preparation for a devotional/study series on discipleship. Having found the verses I wanted, at least for now, I started saving the various lists using File>Save Active Tab As.... and then closing the saved tab.

After saving about 2 or 3 tabs this way, the next time I saved the suggested file name would be the name of the last tab I saved and closed. If I canceled out of the save, went to the tab I wanted to save and clicked on the arrow next to the name, chose "Rename tab" and then hit "Save" without changing the name, and then went back to "Save Active Tab As" it saved the tab with the correct name. The next tab or two would save correctly, and then it would start using an old tab name again.

This is on a Mac running Mavericks, Acc 11.0.1

Lorinda

Lorinda, I unfortunately can't reproduce this. I created a whole bunch of Reference List tabs and was able to go through each one and Save Active Name properly. Can you still reproduce this? If so, are there any other steps, like renaming the tabs, moving them around to different workspaces, etc. that you were performing? Are you sure you didn't accidentally hit Save instead of Save Active Tab one of the times?

Hmm.. I don't remember for sure if I moved the tabs around or not before saving. I think I just closed out the other zone I had set up earlier. Given that I was consistently having problems after 2 saves, and that I was watching pretty carefully after the first couple of times, I'm confident I was doing Save Active Tab most of the time if not all the time the problem was occurring. I can certainly see my finger slipping/my attention wavering once or twice and leading to that problem, but not as consistently as i was experiencing it. Multiple times I canceled out of the save box, and chose Save Active Tab again to see if it would clear.

Not sure when I'll need/have time to repeat the process to see if I can reproduce it, but I certainly understand that you can't work on it until I can give you a reproducible test case.

Lorinda