No "Sync mobile device" in drop down menu

bbmoe

I'm dutifully following Dr. J's podcast, and there's the screen shot of the Accordance drop down menu. Right below "Easy install" there is supposed to be "Sync mobile device" but my menu doesn't have that option- it's not grayed out, it just isn't there. I'm using Accordance 9 w/ all the latest updates (9.3.2, I think) so I'm stumped.

Are you running Accordance on OS X as opposed to Classic Mac or via the emulator? And, be sure to confirm you are indeed running 9.3.2, rather than something pre-9.3.

OK, I fixed that problem (thanks, I double-checked all the install updates) but now my mac can't find my iPod touch. Sounds like a job for the resident IT executive. You know what they say: the cobbler's children have no shoes. And yes, both devices are on the same network.

OK, I fixed that problem (thanks, I double-checked all the install updates) but now my mac can't find my iPod touch. Sounds like a job for the resident IT executive. You know what they say: the cobbler's children have no shoes. And yes, both devices are on the same network.

Please see the troubleshooting page for workarounds to these types of syncing issues. In particular, creating a temporary computer-to-computer wireless network usually fixes any Bonjour networking troubles.

Scott

Well, I downloaded Bonjour Browser, and there is no accordance notation. I think that may be the problem, but I'll keep after it. Thanks for your help.

Well, I downloaded Bonjour Browser, and there is no accordance notation. I think that may be the problem, but I'll keep after it. Thanks for your help.

The Accordance sync protocol only appears in the Bonjour Browser when the iOS device is broadcasting its availability.

Again, creating and using a temporary computer to computer network usually works around any Bonjour visibility issues that some 3rd party routers and wireless access points may cause. Just make sure the WiFi connection on your iOS device points to the temporary wireless network you create before trying to sync.

Scott

Archived