Scroll error with LXXC Apparatus

Anthony Pyles

When I have LXXS-T open in a search window and have LXXC Apparatus either added in the window or in a separate window and "tied" to LXXS-T, it will stop scrolling with LXXS-T partway through a book. E.g., when working through Genesis it stops scrolling the apparatus at Gen 11:20 (Exodus stops at 6:23, etc.).

The same thing happens if I work with LXX1 instead of LXXS-T, so I'm assuming the error is somewhere in LXXC Apparatus. LXXS Apparatus scrolls with the text as one would expect.

On the other hand, if I do my scrolling within LXXC, once I pass the point where it stops, the text returns to the beginning of the book (e.g., if I scroll in LXXC past Exod 6:23, LXXS-T displays Exod 1:1).

Any idea what's going on? Thanks!

Oh, I have LXXC Apparatus 2.1, and see no more recent version in "Check for Updates".post-29437-0-37591500-1325258360_thumb.pngpost-29437-0-02134700-1325258324_thumb.png

I confirm these issues, probably something in the Apparatus. We'll see if we cannot fix and post an update soon. Thank you for reporting it.

Any text typos or bugs can be emailed to corrections (at) accordancebible (dot) com. We don't reply but they are noted and savedfor the next round of updates.

Thanks, Helen!

• 2 years later...

I was just going to report this same thing but thought to check first on the forums, and here it is. I can get beyond Gen. 11:20 in the LXXC Apparatus when used as a stand-alone tool, but it won't scroll past that when set in parallel with other texts and reference tools. See attached, the results of a search for Gen. 22.3, which displays properly in all other open parallel texts, but goes to Gen. 11:20 in the Cambridge Apparatus.

post-31802-0-20594500-1396630258_thumb.png

Can you also send this through Report a Correction so it gets tracked?

Thanks.

Yes--also, as Tony noted above, the issue is at hand in Ex. 6:23ff. I sent that correction in, as well.

• 3 weeks later...

We've just released an update to the LXXC Apparatus (version 2.2) that should fix these issues.

Thanks!

Mark

• Like 1

The apparatus now scrolls past the two points mentioned earlier in the thread (when in parallel), but it appears to be mis-aligned with the biblical text--a few sample verses I tried in Genesis were off by two verses (the apparatus was ahead), and a few verses I tried in Exodus were off by a verse. I haven't checked past that.

post-31802-0-10417000-1398376090_thumb.png

post-31802-0-35471900-1398376116_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Joshua scrolls correctly in parallel until 6:3, where it's mis-aligned through the rest of the book... sometimes by 1 verse, sometimes by 3 (as in attached at Joshua 10:9). Then in Joshua 11:1, Joshua 11:6 is what displays in the LXX-C Apparatus in parallel. In other words, the "amount" of mis-alignment varies from chapter to chapter and book to book.

Judges and Ruth appear to be fine, from what I have seen.

post-31802-0-83571800-1400250890_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Just curious if this scroll issue (different from the first one, but still present in 2.2) was being looked at for a correction? Would also welcome any suggestions for workarounds in the meantime--a non-tied separate pane with the apparatus seems to work fine.

• 3 months later...

Wanted to check in again--LXX-C Apparatus is still not scrolling properly when opened in parallel with the Swete LXX. Could it be updated this fall? There was an initial fix Mark mentioned (2.2), but it is still in that version with the issues I mention above.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having a hard time synching Gen 31:43 for instance?

This module contains excellent data (it is not superseded by Göttingen for the historical books for instance) but the scrolling issues are making me anxious every time I need to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

David--it seems this has fallen off the radar screen, but the issues persist, as you point out. There was an update and some improvement in late April, but there are still a number of remaining spots where it does not scroll correctly. Accordance usually does a lot of original language texts in time for SBL, so I hope this one will be included.

I'm not sure whether Accordance wants us to keep reporting individual instances through Report Correction, or whether they've already tracked down something bigger that is causing all the individual issues.

Any suggestions from RIck, Mark, or others on whether we should use report corrections, this thread, or both to continue to document remaining scrolling issues? I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed these!

We are working on this now. It's a high priority and should be fixed soon.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, thank you!

• 5 months later...

These problems have persisted for some time now.  Any hope of them being resolved?