Locked Workspaces in Accordance 10.4.x

E-Library

I only noticed this after updating to Accordance 10.4.1, but I seem to have the same problem in 10.4.0. My workspaces, which originally were created several weeks ago, are locked most of the time I can't resize the panels or even move them around. Sometimes I can grab a panel and resize it- say, increase its width; but when I try to decrease the width, nothing happens.

I guess I experience this randomly, but it occurs about 90% of the time. Sometimes I simply click on a panel with my mouse, and the panel moves itself to a different location in my workspace!

I guess I may have to go back to 10.3.x since I don't recall experiencing this before 10.4.x. Any suggestions?

I have attached a workspace. I am using Windows 7 SP1, updated patches.

thanks,

David

OT-Bible-Reading.zip

Hi David,

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with your workspaces. I've sent you an e-mail to see if we can set up a time to screenshare.

Ryan

Thank you, Ryan, for helping me today with the workspace issues! I can now customize new and existing workspaces. Accordance 10 reminds me of the song, "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters. :)

No problem, David. Happy to do so!

Hey Ryan, could you post or PM with the resolution to this? Since windows is a foreign language and I do a fair bit of tech support here down-under I'd love to know what the issue was.

Hi Ken,

We rebuilt his preferences and that took care of the issue. It seems at least one of his preferences was corrupt and that caused the locked workspaces. In Windows, the User Preferences are in Computer/C:/Users/User Name/AppData/Local/Accordance/Accordance Preferences.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. Very helpful. Windows is a weird language