Saving Layouts

williamk

On my dual monitor set-up, I keep my Accordance windows on the left-hand monitor, in a standard set of two workspaces, etc., set up the way I like. Because I want this layout to appear every time I use Accordance, I have saved the layout using "Save Session," and given the Session a name. I store this file in the Acc folder and put an alias in the Dock. I open Acc via this alias and get the desired layout.

Problem: occasionally, on what appears to be a purely random basis, when I open this saved Session file the layout will be missing one of the workspaces. I then have to re-create the Workspaces the way I want, save the session again, quit Acc and restart using the alias to see if all is well -- it usually is. Then a few days later, one of the Workspaces shows up missing when I start Acc.

Am I using Save Session correctly? Will this command save the layout of the Workspaces for the current session so that they reopen identically the next time that session file is opened? Is there a better way to save my workspaces so they reopen the same way every time?

Tx,

William K.

Archived