Widget problems

Robb B

My Accordance Widget is not working properly. I can't type any text or flip the widget over. I took a screenshot of what the widget looks like on my dashboard. The only change I've made recently is downloading Safari 3.0 beta.

Please help!

FYI: I re-downloaded the widget after installing Safari 3.0 and the problem persisted.

Please email me the error reports from the Console after attempting to run the Widget.

Thanks for the heads up, Robb and Chris. My initial guess is something about the Webkit environment got drastically changed with Safari 3. I'm not sure yet whether or not the error is a beta bug with Safari or a rewrite I'm going to have to do, but I'll keep investigating. Have you noticed any other widgets failing (AccUpdater or other 3rd party?) The error seems to be in some minor graphical animation code, but it was actually a fairly carbon copy of some Apple code from earlier, so I am a bit curious as to why it doesn't work now...

AccUpdater actually worked fine for me and successfully updated on of my modules. None of my other widgets seem to have this issue (calculator, calendar, weather, ical widget, stickies).

As I understand it, Safari 3 is beta. We will try to investigate the issue and correct it, but it may be a problem that will get corrected when the final rev of Safari is released.

Looking around at some Mac forums it appears that the Accordance widget is not the only thing that was adversely affected by Safari 3. Several people are reporting problems with other apps and add-ons to OS X. Examples can be found at macrumors.com in the comments section of their story on Safari for Windows.

This page has a complete break-down of what Safari 3 does when it is installed, including what it has a tendency to break, and how to uninstall it.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the latest update to the Safari 3 Beta has fixed the widget woes. Version 1.5 is now working flawlessly on my iBook.

Archived