IVP Dictionary of the OT: Wisdom, Poetry & Writings

dzarlenga

Thankful for the work you all have done to offer the OT dictionaries from within this series. Any chance the dictionary on the wisdom literature is in the works? Would love to have that available!

• Like 1

The remaining 'Black Dictionaries' are among the titles we soon hope to license from IVP. No word on a release, but we will eventually get them.

• Like 1

Yea! I've been wanting to complete my own collection for some time. These are the best Bible Dictionaries around!!! :D

• Like 1

Which one are these?

HI David,

they are called the The IVP Bible Dictionary Series by IVP and they really are excellent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see the "Prophets" volume AND the "Wisdom, Poetry & Writings" volume. I agree with "Dr. J", they are the BEST set of Bible dictionaries out there. Thanks.

• Like 1

How would you compare IVP Dictionaries to Anchor Bible Dictionary and NIDB?

• 1 month later...

I would also be very grateful to see the IVP Dictionary of the Old Testament: Wisdom, Poetry & Writings added to Accordance. Together with the volumes covering the Pentateuch and Historical Books, it is on the reading list of the Department of Old Testament and Semitic Studies at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, so there will be an ongoing demand for access to the IVP series from Masters Degree students at TEDS (and by implication I guess at other comparable institutions).

• Like 1