Instant Details display Bible

Fr. Rich

Two things: First, please tell me how to change the translation that appears when I mouse over a scripture reference. Currently, instant details shows this in Almeida which is Spanish. I neither speak nor read Spanish and do not intend to learn. I want instant details to display NRSV. How can I make that happen?

Second, This is the STRONGEST possible request that, effective with Accordance 11, you make selection of the instant details display text something which can be done in the instant details preferences section. Whatever method you describe above, it is absurd to not have the ability to select the display version, which is a preference, in the instant details preferences section.

Rich, the reason you don't see this in the preferences is that it is specific to the tool. Its very likely that you'd want different texts shown for your NT commentary versus the Jewish commentary, versus the Bible Atlas, versus the Qumran, versus the Apparatus. So, simply set it on the Command-T (Set Tool Display) for the tool, or use Preferences -> Tools Display if you want to set it for all of your tools.

The other reason it isn't in the Instant Details preferences, is because it also affects which text is opened when you click on the link - an action unrelated to Instant Details.

Thanks except I still can't get rid of Almeida and replace it with NRSVS. Every place I can choose a Bible in preferences, I have selected NRSVS. I never selected Almeida for anything - it self-selected when I down loaded Accordance to the new computer.

Is this a plot by Ruben Gomez to force us all to learn Spanish?

Sorry to hear You ran into problems, Rich! Hope the bug can be fixed. But glad to learn different preferences can be set - that is quite unlike all competitors. Fortunately I don't have that many Bibles (any language) or newest versions of everything to mess things up. But I will upgrade when Accordance 12 comes out (which will be a while, I know).

Rich, you likely selected Almeida when working through the Setup Assistant - it asked what your default text was, and it likely defaulted to Almeida due to its 'A' status. You probably then just hit OK to continue on to your program :)

This is admittedly not the most intuitive, but fortunately Accordance 11 both has an improved Setup Assistant, and an easy way to undo such an accidental change.

I never went through set up. I just downloaded everything from the web site and went on my way In fact, Accordance self-selected a volume from the Apostolic Fathers as my default text. But I know how to change that. My default text is NRSVS but I still get Almeida as my instant details text. If you are not going to tell me how to fix this, you don"t need to answer me anymore. Waiting an indeterminate time for Accordance 11 is NOT the solution to my problem.

Rich, I agree that waiting for a future upgrade is never a solution - we fix bugs in the present version, and only features in paid upgrades.

Fortunately, I already told you how to fix the issue:

So, simply set it on the Command-T (Set Tool Display) for the tool, or use Preferences -> Tools Display if you want to set it for all of your tools.

If that wasn't clear enough, on the tools you are having an issue, type Command-T and set a different text for your Hypertext and/or Alternate Hypertext.

OK. That fixed it but it is not the most intuitive way to do this. I really expect better from Accordance. I don't know why Accordance didn't run me through set up. I have done that multiple times when I got new computers. I know what to expect from set up. As I said before, set up never ran this time and Accordance self-selected some irrational choices.