Update erased Bibles?

Bill Carson

Hello,

Sorry to post in this forum but I cannot find anyone to email for technical support. I have been using Accordance 10.0 ?? (At least I think it was 10.0) for a year or so now. Whenever I wanted to use a Hebrew or Greek Bible, the dialog box always comes up, "Where is the file for the 'BHS-W4 text?". Each and every time I would navigate to the relevant file and the Bible would open up.

I have now updated to 10.1, hoping (perhaps hoping against hope?) that this problem would go away. Alas now when the dialog comes up "Where is the file for the 'BHS-W4 text?" The file seems to have disappeared. The ESVS and a few others are there, but my Hebrew and Greek Bibles are gone. I can't find them in the Finder either.

I am using Mavericks on a Mac mini.

In 2006 I ordered Accordance 7. Perhaps that has something to do with it? Perhaps 10.0 was finding the old files, and now they are gone?

Can I reinstall Accordance? How would I do that?

I am very frustrated now.

post-738-0-03563100-1397861768_thumb.png

Hi Bill,

Certainly support is good for issues like this as there are a variety of possible issues here. Support contact info is on http://www.accordancebible.com/Support, email is support@accordancebible.com.

But check whether the files are present in /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts. That's where they would normally be. The need to repeatedly navigate and tell Acc where the modules are is a bit odd. Normally it remembers once told I believe.

As to reinstall, you can re-download the modules if they are not present, via Easy Install. In order for that to work you need to remove the modules from the library as well. You can do a completely fresh reinstall but its more involved.

Thx

D

Hi Bill,

I would recommend the same as Daniel. Look for the files in Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts or they may be in Computer/Mac HD/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Texts. Try opening them from the Texts folder and see if they are added to your Library window. If they won't open or you keep getting the same 'where is the file?' message, delete it and download the file again via Easy Install.

You are more than welcome to call Tech Support at (407) 339-0266 if you would like to be talked through it.

Ryan

Hi Ryan and Daniel,

The files were there but grayed out so they would not work. I then tried the Easy Install. The Easy Install created a dialog box named Easy Install, and when I selected the Easy Install option---------- the items to install checkbox was grayed out.

Hmmn. Not so easy. I will call when I get some time off of work.

Bill

file:///Users/williamcarson/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202014-04-22%20at%205.38.33%20PM.png