Greek/Hebrew Flashcards

JoshPannell

Could Accordance have an original language flashcard option? Perhaps I want to learn all of the words which occur in the NT 10 times or more. I would like to be able use flashcards right within Accordance, or perhaps have an export to Quizlet option.

If you search the forum, you should find several flashcard threads. There are a number of great apps or websites out there, so replicating that inside Accordance, to me, seems unnecessary. It's a bit dated, but I recorded a screencast showing how to export search results from Accordance to Flashcardexchange.com and Mental Case (iPhone).

Hey Josh,

Rick beat me to it !! but some of my post may be of relevance.

One thing you can do is try this export technique : http://www.accordancebible.com/Flashcards-And-Accordance
I hate to admit it as the code is not ready for production use, but I built an Applescript script which basically implements this and cleans up the file in TextWrangler. You can then cut and paste that into the cram.com import web page and create flashcards. (cram.com is flashcardexchange's new name.) I use it currently to create flashcards based on the Mounce Reader. The script allows me to enter an Accordance search criterion so I can get just the words in the reader passage that occur less than 50 times. I cram that for a couple of days and then do the reader exercise.

Props to Rick for the method, and Joe Weaks for a leg up on Applescript with Acc. I want to redo it with AutoIt on windows but have not got to it yet.

Thx
D

Edited by Daniel Semler
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Rick,

Thanks so much for the screencast. It's really helpful. I have a question though. Whenever I go to the sets at Cram.com (FCE's latest iteration) everything looks fine, but when I import into Mental Case, the niqqud over sin/shin always imports as a sin. Any ideas here? Is it simply the font used by MC?

Thanks for your help.

Rick,

Thanks so much for the screencast. It's really helpful. I have a question though. Whenever I go to the sets at Cram.com (FCE's latest iteration) everything looks fine, but when I import into Mental Case, the niqqud over sin/shin always imports as a sin. Any ideas here? Is it simply the font used by MC?

Thanks for your help.

Hey Kyle, glad it helped. I honestly haven't looked at this in a while so don't know why you're having that issue. I would try changing the font to see if it helps. If not, try contacting the developer.