problem with Calvin's Commentaries

pclafferty

now this is odd (and unprecedented in my experience):

performed a basic search of tools for references to Ephesians 3:18

Up pops references in Calvin's commentaries, except that the text appears as all gibberish. See attachment for a screen shot

what do you think it is? Has that commentary become corrupt?

calvingibb.tiff

I do not see gibberish, only boxes. Try set Tool Display and change the font that you are using to display Calvin. If that fixes the problem, check your FontBook.app for the font that is bad.

I do not see gibberish, only boxes. Try set Tool Display and change the font that you are using to display Calvin. If that fixes the problem, check your FontBook.app for the font that is bad.

font was set to times new roman...which I thought was standard....I did change it to a few others, but the problem remains

even more curious is that some sections of the commentary appear just fine....only toward the latter half of the commentary do the boxes appear

not sure what you mean by the fontbook.app

Guest frgpeter
not sure what you mean by the fontbook.app

Check out your Applications folder. It is an application provided by Apple.

there will be a black dot next to fonts that might have problems. Select the font, and there is a an option to "fix". Much of the time is that two fonts w/ same name are installed. Just disable one.

G. Peter David

Check out your Applications folder. It is an application provided by Apple.

there will be a black dot next to fonts that might have problems. Select the font, and there is a an option to "fix". Much of the time is that two fonts w/ same name are installed. Just disable one.

G. Peter David

found font book...validated all (and disabled duplicate copies) fonts on my computer (including times new roman)

quit out of accordance and restarted....same problem...

Maybe the module is corrupt. What is its version in Accordance, date and size?

from the "about this text": Calvin

post-329-1166133399_thumb.png

Archived