Full screen graphics

arcanemuse

When you open up a picture in something like the Sacred Bridge or the BP Media collection, you get this window only just so big. You can't make it bigger or make it take up the whole screen. I was showing a friend how it all worked as he might be coming into money soon and I thought he should get a Mac and Accordance. :-) I opened up some pictures and while there was some real wow factor there...he pointed out the same thing I found. You can't make them any bigger. You can zoom in but try as I might there was just no way to make it take up the whole screen. Maybe I am just plain stupid and there is some magical shortcut to do it but I sure couldn't find it. I like BIG pictures and I would love to have my 1920 screen to be filled with them. :-)

You can click on a picture, click on the arrow in the upper right corner of the image to put it into its own tab (it may be a zone; if so, drag the picture's tab to the original workspace. Make sure the image is in the active tab and then enter slideshow mode (cmd-opt-S or from Window menu). The picture will still be relatively small, but if you use cmd+ repeatedly, it will enlarge the image to fill the screen.

If you open multiple images and each is a separate tab, enter slideshow mode, each can be enlarged. then using the right and left arrows you can cycle through the tabs; the images stay enlarged. Actually you can enlarge them before entering slideshow mode with cmd+ but it will not fill your screen (but subsequent entry into slideshow will display the enlarged image.

Exit slideshow with the esc key.

It is somewhat cumbersome, but it will get what you requested. Maybe someone can come up with an easier solution.

Once the image is in a zone you can zoom the zone to fill the workspace and then use the arrow buttons to page through the images.

But there is no way to truly full screen. I also can't get the slideshow to work. Even in a new workspace, I still get the error that you can only have one zone per workspace and it won't run. I'll have to try it when I can close out everything I am working on and just use that one resource alone. Oh well. I'll just live with things smaller. Is there any way to export the images out so I can open them with preview or something?