Amplifying to a Fresh Workspace

circuitrider

At present I have a workspace set up with a Bible flanked by two study Bible notes modules. When I amplify a word by right-clicking and using 'search for' or 'search in' a new tab is opened and my original workspace is reproduced (though the sizing is different) and my search results are in the Bible portion of the new tab. Is there a way to get the search results in a 'fresh' tab with only the Bible showing?

I start with this

post-29527-0-57098000-1395331677_thumb.png

and end up with this

post-29527-0-17954400-1395331685_thumb.png

and what I want is this

post-29527-0-01605100-1395331782_thumb.png

I found a way to get the results I was looking for.

Create a workspace with nothing but a KJVS text. Amplify to this workspace by highlighting the word, right click, select My Workspaces, and then select the newly created workspace. Search results come up in that new workspace.

Another way to get a fresh workspace is to amplify to a different translation. This will open fresh workspace. You can then change to the KJVS and press return again and the results come up in the KJVS.

Edited by circuitrider

Is Accordance duplicating your entire workspace, or just adding a tab that is based on your "Home" tab?

I experience the latter, and have found that if I set up the "results" tab (in your case the new KJVS tab) the way I want it, it will stay that way for the rest of the session, each time I amplify into it. Does that work for you? Or do you need something more permanent?

• Like 1

Is Accordance duplicating your entire workspace, or just adding a tab that is based on your "Home" tab?

I experience the latter, and have found that if I set up the "results" tab (in your case the new KJVS tab) the way I want it, it will stay that way for the rest of the session, each time I amplify into it. Does that work for you? Or do you need something more permanent?

Lorinda,

Yes, It is just the tab and not the entire workspace.

Your observation that the 'results' tab does stay the same after closing the other open modules is an easy way to get what I am looking for. I'll just keep in mind not to close it.

I was just in a live training session and the moderator was getting the results I desired on his computer. Leads me to believe that there may be a setting that is causing the tab to duplicate on mine?

Thanks for your help!

If you search in the same text as you selected your word in it will duplicate the parallels in the new tab. If you search in a new text it won't. I don't know but was that the case you saw in the online class ?

Ok this is documented behaviour. Check out file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/principles_behind_amplify_feature.htm in your help and look at the bit under the Multiple Panes subheading. I suspect the word "usually" is used because amplify behaviour is strongly influenced by context.

Thx

D

Daniel,

Yes, you are correct. If I search for a word in the same text (translation) the parallel modules are duplicated. However, if I search in a different text the parallels are not included.

In the online class. The moderator had a tab setup with a text and a couple of parallels. When he amplified to the same text the results tab did not include the parallels. I shared my screen and we could not duplicate his results.

Thanks for the link. The help topics are great.

Yep the help is really good resource.

On this particular issue we'd need to know exactly the setup the moderator had. I have tried a couple of things with multiple texts open and with tools. With multiple texts for example amplifying from the one which is the search text (the one identified in the pull down next to the search tab) to the same text will duplicate panes. But if you have another text in there as well and you amplify from it to itself (if that makes sense) it will not duplicate the panes. So something as subtle as which text the search tab is driving the searching affects this.

Thx

D