Display Full Names

D.S.Moses Nickerson

Real Names or Accordance Abbreviations  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ever wondered what JFB or TWOT was over in the library window? How about AGL-T as opposed to AFL-T, APOL-T? Ever wondered who wrote the "Christian Biography" module or what was in the "Scougal" module? It would be very helpful to be able to have a preference item that would allow full names to be displayed by the library window. Even allowing the user to rename modules would be helpful. I wish I could remember all of the abbreviations well, but t it is often confusing, forcing me to go rummaging through the ungainly Read-me file or to take random guesses at what I want.

Ever wondered what JFB or TWOT was over in the library window? How about AGL-T as opposed to AFL-T, APOL-T? Ever wondered who wrote the "Christian Biography" module or what was in the "Scougal" module? It would be very helpful to be able to have a preference item that would allow full names to be displayed by the library window. Even allowing the user to rename modules would be helpful. I wish I could remember all of the abbreviations well, but t it is often confusing, forcing me to go rummaging through the ungainly Read-me file or to take random guesses at what I want.

I would start by saying I would like to be able to get the full web site details for a module in the instant details window when mousing over a module in the library window. Then when holding down the cmd key, get user notes on that module (i.e. of course this implies an ability to create a note for each module that doesn't exist today).

We are planning to make increased information on the modules available in the Library window, maybe not exactly what you have suggested, but much better than now.

It'd be good to have something like Google's live search for the Library, so I don't have to know beforehand what letters the various texts begin with.

I like what Mike has suggested. I don't just want an option to show the full name, I would like more info about it. It might be nice if this extra info showed in the instant details?

Archived